In this post you will find a consolidated list of information and resources related to the coronavirus and COVID-19 and maternal health.
- Webinar featuring Dr. Martine Hackett about Birth Equity during COVID
General Information on Coronavirus, Pregnancy, and Childbirth
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding COVID-19 Regulations (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – CDC)
- Up to date recommendations from the CDC in regards to Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, Infant Care, and Delivery if affected with COVID-19.
Pregnant and worried about the new coronavirus? (Harvard Health Blog)
- With the current limited resources, two physicians answer frequently asked questions about pregnancy and COVID-19.
Novel Coronavirus “COVID-19”: Special Considerations for Pregnant Women (Kaiser Family Foundation – KFF)
- Latest research on the effects of COVID-19 on pregnant women as well as best care practices and considerations (for example social distancing) for pregnant women currently. Also touches on drug and vaccine development and health care access for pregnant women.
- Great Q&A for Pregnancy-Expectant Mothers from Pro Publica.
Birth Justice and Coronavírus (COVID-19): a Global Perspective of Health as a Human Right Webinar (Afroresistance)
- A great discussion of the impact of the Coronavirus on Black mothers and infants as well as the ongoing maternal and infant mortality crisis that the United States faces.
Resources for Maternity Care Providers
Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Practice Advisory (The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – ACOG)
- Advisory for maternal healthcare providers on how to keep themselves and their patients, pregnant or otherwise, as healthy as possible with the limited research at hand.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Pregnancy: What Maternal-Fetal Medicine Subspecialists Need
to Know (Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine)
- Information for healthcare providers regarding the effect of COVID-19 on various aspects of Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Doulas & COVID-19: A Toolkit for Doulas (DONA International)
- A resource for birth doulas in terms of continuing to support their clients as well as information on how to protect themselves as well. Additional resources are linked within the toolkit as well.
Interim Considerations for Infection Prevention and Control of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Inpatient Obstetric Healthcare Settings (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – CDC)
- Considerations for patients and practices in obstetric healthcare settings when it comes to being exposed to and contracting COVID-19.
Coronavirus Resource Center (Johns Hopkins University – JHU)
- Up to date information regarding the scope of the virus and its progression from experts at Johns Hopkins University.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public (World Health Organization – WHO)
- Basic advice for the public as well as generalized resources on how to protect yourself from the virus and stay healthy. Updates frequently based on international data received by the WHO.
NYS Coronavirus Resources
New York State Novel Coronavirus Information (NYS Department of Health)
- Up to date information about how New York State is handling the current crisis and what residents need to know going forward.
Help Me Grow – Long Island (Docs for Tots)
- Help Me Grow- Long Island is continuing to support families across Long Island with young children through our warm line – we are up and running as usual available 5 days a week 9am-5pm by calling (516)-548-8924 or online.